Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Below is one of my nieces birthday presents that I made for her. The book was made out of 2 chipboard pieces (6'x4') which were covered in white computer which had been stamped using the small butterfly stamp from 'Swirls and Butterflies' set from Banana Frog and Lavender ink and pink felt tip. The pages were cut to size and the edges were coloured in with felt tip, pink and purple (u need patience, takes ages!!!...I did 20 pages!!!), then stamped again. The lines for the pages were done freehand.

It was all pulled together using 2 jump rings and I cut the rabbit (Candyfloss or marshmallow..can never remember)and tag from a Daisy and Dandelion paper pad. The epoxy sticker is from the new Stephanie Dymant range at Papermania.
I also knitted her some pink legwarmers (thanks, Simply Knitting) and decorated a Bare basics box but forgot to take photos of them. Oops!

For the LO, I used the new Stephanie Dymant kit again. The butterfly paper was cut into a frame and stuck onto the photo then it was adherred to the patterned paper using foam pads to help it stand out.
Below are the 'flowers' I made using some white ribbon I had in my stash that I scrunched up, stapled (badly!), then placed epoxy stickers on top to hide the join.


The butterflies were cut from the left over paper from the frame.
The distressed look was a happy accident. I stuck the paper onto a piece of card to stiffen it a little using double sided tape but didnt place it right and ripped the paper when i tried to correct it. I actually think it makes the LO better for it :)






2 comments:

  1. The book looks lovely, well worth all the time you spent :-) Lucky niece!

    You asked about The Graveyard Book - it was interesting, very different, good premise. I'd say good rather than great (I prefer Terry Pratchett) but I did enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne

    Just wanted to swing by and say thank you so so very much for the beautiful comment on my blog, you are very kind. *more photos to come i promise*

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete