Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lucky Mice



We have been overran by mice for the past few weeks. The boss has been laying traps down in the usual fashion....a bit of cheese on the trap near to the suspected mice front door! (I realise some of you may feel this is cruel, but really, it is kinder than letting my dogs find them....I think!)


So, we catch a few but nothing compared to when I came home the other day. "Got 3 in an hour", he tells me. "Great", said I, glad I was safely at work.

Later in the evening, I go to get a bag of my fav choc buttons....well, I do derserve the odd treat....and find a bag open on the side. "Oh yes, the mice love your choc buttons" laughs the boss. Turns out, someone told him they work a treat, so he thought he'd try it.

Needless to say, I hate mice even more now and will have to hide my buttons a bit better next time :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, you have my sympathy - we had mice in our house last year. Horrible! And the fact that they like chocolate just adds insult to injury...

    PS I'm so with you on the Dr Who countdown :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeww mice - our old kitchen and basement had them and I was so glad when it was knocked down and rebuilt - miceproof!! We used to catch ours with peanut butter! My rule is chocolate is for grown ups only (so I don't have to share with the kids lol) and there is NO WAY I'm sharing with my mice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to get a few living out in the woods in Canada - they LOVE peanut butter. It's also easy to put on traps because it sticks :D

    ReplyDelete